4859 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

HP ML330 G6 - enable hibernation

ilNebbioso
Occasional Visitor

HP ML330 G6 - enable hibernation

Ciao!
We have a Prolian ML330 G6 Server (p/n: 637080-421) with WIndows 2008 R2 operating system. It is working fine since years.

Now, we're adding a UPS by APC, a BR1500G-GR (https://www.apc.com/shop/it/it/products/APC-Power-Saving-Back-UPS-Pro-1500-230V-Schuko/P-BR1500G-GR) which comes with PowerChute Personal Edition and a special Rj45-USB cable: they enable the UPS to Hibernate the server when unattended in case of low battery during a blackout.

From the server I can see in real time the UPS' state, battery % and so on. So, everything seems right configured.

But, while PowerChute Personal Edition is ran it gives us a warning regarding hibernation which is not configured, which is confirmed into the app by the following screenshot (I found on the internet):

If I hit Enable Hibernation I receive an error which tells me "it is impossibile to enable hibernation" and I have to "check power settings options".

I searched on Google and found some command line options as
powercfg.exe /hibernate on
which gave me another error: "Hiberation disabled by an internal system component".

I already tried to u
se the registry to enable hibernation back, without success:

1. start regedit.exe
  2. go to the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentCongtrolSet\Control\Power
  3. change the value HibernateEnabled from 0 to 1.

Someone can help? Thank you *very* much in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
FabioC1
HPE Pro

Re: HP ML330 G6 - enable hibernation

Hi. 

In windows the Hibernation configuration is:

To Enable Hibernation, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
  2. In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
  3. When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
  4. At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate on, and then press ENTER.
  5. Type exit and then press ENTER to close the Command Prompt window.

In server, dont have some configuration to "hibernate" 

In BIOS only information of the power:.

HP Power Profile
This option enables the user to select the appropriate power profile based on power and
performance characteristics. The following options are available:
• Balanced Power and Performance (default)—Provides the optimum settings to maximize power
savings with minimal performance impact for most operating systems and applications.
• Minimum Power Usage—Enables power reduction mechanisms that may affect performance
negatively. This mode guarantees a lower maximum power usage by the system.
• Maximum Performance—Disables all power management options that may affect performance
negatively.
• Custom—Provides the opportunity to configure settings for your environment.

FabioC1 - HPE Pro

Accept or Kudo

ilNebbioso
Occasional Visitor

Re: HP ML330 G6 - enable hibernation

@FabioC1, ciao.
Sorry, I did a mistake while composing my question.
The command I was typing was ALREADY "powercfg.exe /hibernate on, as you suggested at #4, which gives me the following error: "Hiberation disabled by an internal system component"

How can I handle this?

Thank you so much!