108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP ML350 G4 /w W2k Server: Slow Logging Off

SOLVED
Go to solution
Kees van Overveld
Occasional Contributor

HP ML350 G4 /w W2k Server: Slow Logging Off

We just moved from the 'old' Proliant ML350 G3 to the new Proliant ML350 G4 server systems.

However, in combination with Windows 2000 Server logging off takes ages. When selecting 'Log Off ' Windows returns back to normal for about 1 minute. After that minute Windows finally logs off. On the G3 systems we never had this problem.
Any ideas to speed it back up?
4 REPLIES 4
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: HP ML350 G4 /w W2k Server: Slow Logging Off

This shouldn't have anything to do with the type of hardware.

What versions of the support packs are you running on these machines? Are they the same? I would wager you're using 7.2 or 7.3 on the ML350 G4.

Try stopping the system management homepage service (under services), then select the option to logoff. Is it faster?
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Kees van Overveld
Occasional Contributor

With the service stopped logging off begins the same second.

Thanks!
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

There is likely to be an update in the future to this service to correct this. This is likely caused by it releasing the connections to the local SAM.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor

See http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=783580
"We have reproduced this 'slow logout' problem (associated with Systems Management Homepage (SMH) 2.0) ) in our labs and have created a fix for a future release. The fix results in a 'log off' that will be approximately 30 seconds faster than it is in SMH 2.0. The fix will not be included in the upcoming SmartStart 7.3 release (too late to make it through the QA cycle), but will be in a follow-up release afterward. "