cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP ML350 G5 and Interbase 6.5

Yaniv Meyer
Occasional Visitor

HP ML350 G5 and Interbase 6.5

I have a problem with my ML 350 G5's running Interbase 6.5 that I am not having on my ML350 G4's.

Interbase keeps crashing on my G5 Servers, throwing up all sorts of Borland errors that I am not getting on my G4 servers. Set-up is identical, Database queries are identical, as are the functions interacting with the databases.

Any known issues with Interbase and Dual Processor, Dual core configs?

3 REPLIES
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Re: HP ML350 G5 and Interbase 6.5

It should be complaining rather than failing--that's just bad form. According to http://www.codegear.com/article/34443/images/34443/interbase_faq.pdf

Does InterBase 2007 support multi-processor and multi-core deployment environments?

InterBase 2007 is designed for SMP and leverages multi-processor deployment on all supported platforms. To enable additional processor(s) one Additional CPU License per CPU is required.

The InterBase 2007 Server Edition can also leverage one or multiple dual-core processors. To enable dual-core processors, the InterBase 2007 Server Edition Dual Core CPU product is required. There is also a Dual Core Additional Processor License available.
Yaniv Meyer
Occasional Visitor

Our current environment will not work under Interbase 2007 at this piont. We are still in development to run under 2007. Currently we need to maintain our current 6.5 deployment.

My question is this.

With interbase 6.5, there is a setting in the interbase config file:

CPU_AFFINITY 1

Now this setting specifes which processor you wish Interbase to use. This setting is easy to understand in an environment where there are 2 single core processors as in the ML250 G4. Now in the ML350 G5 where there are 2 Dual core processors, will Interbase understand the instruction to just use Processor ID 1?

David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Sounds like a question you should be asking on the Interbase forums...