5754 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP ML350 G9 error 1627 - power supply solution not sufficient

Camata
Occasional Visitor

HP ML350 G9 error 1627 - power supply solution not sufficient

Hey guys,

i was installing a GPU in this server, but was unable due to lack of a power cable, but since then i┬┤m unable to boot the server  due to error "1627 power supply solution not sufficient", which is weird since nothing changed.

The server has 2* 500W PSU (green LEds)

I cleared NVRAM, no change.

Ordered a 1400w PSU , still get the same error.

i tried connecting the 1400w PSU and a 500W PSU, i get the different types of PSU warning, but then it says the 500W is broken, and the critical failure 1627.

I┬┤m unable to F9 (or any  F key) since the system fails.

Any idead is welcomed :/ 

4 REPLIES 4
ronissac
Trusted Contributor

So is the GPU installed in the server currently.

If yes, Could you try powering on the server without the GPU.

You may also try to boot the server in minimum configurations and isolate the HW thats causing this .

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
Camata
Occasional Visitor

Yes, i removed the GPU when i figured i did not had the power cable for it, curiously, i tried booting with the GPU in, but not power cable, and the server booted fine, only after i removed the GPU this error started, i would assume its not related.

Camata
Occasional Visitor

How do i boot in minimum configuration? remove everything besides the essencial and see if it boots?

ronissac
Trusted Contributor

Yes. Try to boot the server with 1proc , 1 DIMM, 1 PSU , remove all PCI devices. If the servers boots , try adding the hardware one by one and try to isolate the faulty component. 

If the server does not boot even with min configuration, Please log a support case with HPE to verify the functionality of the PSU backplane

Ronny

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo