1753284 Members
5400 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP ML350 Utility CDs

Ryan Gruber

HP ML350 Utility CDs

Looking for some help. I am new to HP servers as I am mostly familiar with Dells. With that being said, I have a client who has two Proliant ML350 servers. This coming weekend, I am going to be rebuilding both of them. They are currently running a RAID 5 and Win2K3. I don't have any of the utility CDs that shipped with the server at time of purchase. What I am looking for are the bootable utility CDs that allow me to configure the partition sizes of the RAID. I don't know what HP calls them and I have been unable to find them on there site. Just to make sure I am being clear with what Im looking for, with Dell servers they have a bootable GUI CD that I can boot to and set the OS partition and install Windows. That's what Im looking for. Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: HP ML350 Utility CDs

This is a good starting point:

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/27730.html

HP SmartStart CD
version 7.90 (5 Sep 07)

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Resolution Gauranteed
Frequent Advisor

Hi Ryan,

Gud inorder to rebuild the server there are two options either through F8 at POST or download the smart start cd from the link given to you earlier and then boot from this cd and perform the steps below
Select Lang. English
Liscence Aggrement
Then select Deploy Server and select Array Configuration Utility.If you dont find this option here then you will have to gothrough the other menus.
Once u have selected ACU go through the ACU User guide from the link below http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00729544/c00729544.pdf

Hope this information is usefull and please dont forget to assign points or let us know if u have any more question..

All d best ..
Never become so much of an expert that you stop gaining expertise. View life as a continuous learning experience.
Resolution Gauranteed
Frequent Advisor

Hi Ryan,

Creating Raid depends on the Raid controller installed Smart start cd is used to configure array on server installed with smart array controller for SAS and SATA controller things are different.Inorder to rebuild the server there are two options either through F8 at POST or download the smart start cd from the link given to you earlier and then boot from this cd and perform the steps below
Select Lang. English
Liscence Aggrement
Then select Deploy Server and select Array Configuration Utility.If you dont find this option here then you will have to gothrough the other menus.
Once u have selected ACU go through the ACU User guide from the link below http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00729544/c00729544.pdf

Hope this information is usefull and please dont forget to assign points or let us know if u have any more question..

All d best ..
Never become so much of an expert that you stop gaining expertise. View life as a continuous learning experience.