108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP ML370 G4 Smartstart

SOLVED
Go to solution
cahyo.sambodo
Occasional Contributor

HP ML370 G4 Smartstart

Im having trouble with raid configuration on ML370 G4, this server is a reinstallation server with win 2003 Enterprise. When I acessing ACU to make Raid into Raid 0, The Smartstart showw warning that ACU cannot recognize the Controller, I try using SmartStar fr. version 7.0 into 7.90, it show the same problem.
Is anibody having the same problem with me? hows the solution? What is the correct version of Smartstart for ML 370 G4. Thanx
5 REPLIES 5
Mi6t0
Trusted Contributor

Re: HP ML370 G4 Smartstart

Hello,

The latest SmartStart CD for ML370G4 is 7.91, but 7.90 should work fine.

Are you using the on-board controller? And are you sure that all HDDs are properly attached?

Do you see any HDDs in the ORCA (you can get into it during the power-on-self test).

Regards,
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor

>>ACU cannot recognize the Controller

By default ML370 G4 does not have any SmartArray controller.
Are you sure you have SmartArray controller on your ML370 g4 ?
cahyo.sambodo
Occasional Contributor

Yes im using on board controller, but still controler cannot detect by ACU, also all HDD are attached carefully. Yesterday i tried to manually install windows using manual driver for attached SATA controler using Diskkete. Windows works fine. Raid Configure at windows using dynamic disk methode. Hopefully this way will be the solution. But still the question how come controller was not detected by the latest Smart Array???.
Thanx aniway for help.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor
Solution

hi

by default that server is shipped with one of these

# Storage Controller:
* Integrated Dual Channel Ultra320 SCSI Adapter
* Ultra320 High Performance Models ship with the Smart Array 6404/128 Controller
* SAS Array and SAS High Performance Models ship with the Smart Array P600/256 BBWC Controller

in the case server has the first one Smartstart wont recognize controller

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
cahyo.sambodo
Occasional Contributor

Yesterday i tried to manually install windows using manual driver for attached SATA controler using Diskkete. Windows works fine. Raid Configure at windows using dynamic disk methode