ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752793 Members
5898 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP NC375i Integrated Quad port mulitfunction Gigabit driver

Ronell

HP NC375i Integrated Quad port mulitfunction Gigabit driver

Hi, my company recently purchased a server HP DL370 G6, We baught and installed windows 2003 Ent x64 on it, but we cant get the network card working its a
HP NC375i Integrated Quad port mulitfunction Gigabit NIC,
it shows that its installed though with the yellow mark, but it wont work, it says "windows cannot initialize this device driver for this hardware (code 37)".
Plus why does it say "HP NC375i Integrated Quad port Gigabit" in BIOS and "HP NC375i Integrated Quad port mulitfunction Gigabit" in windows, does the mulitfunction have any issues that cause the fail to load error?
Anyhelp will be highly appreciated.
8 REPLIES 8
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

at first how did you installed the server via Smartstartcd or from WIndows Installation media ?

check this link about your error :

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc771328(WS.10).aspx

mikap
marcus1234
Honored Contributor

hi this should sort it ,
fixed similar issue with this

Just needs this driver upgrade

look ├В┬╗ Version: 4.0.516.13005 (10 Nov 2009)
Enhancements >>

This driver now supports the HP NC375T PCI Express Quad Port Gigabit Server Adapter.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=uk&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3884310&prodNameId=3884311&swEnvOID=1113&swLang=13&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-efe6a22c2e904dc382d7e51d36

enjoy points please :)
Ronell

Hi guys thank you very much for you help, however i tried all that you have suggested, and YES Micheal i used the smartstart cd and that is the error i get i attached a snapshot of the error, please check its just above my post same line with the "post date?".
Mark i also tried that driver, using automatic and manual means, by manual i mean extracting the driver and redirect it there.
Upto now, i still have the problems. I really appreciate your help guys, please dont stop the support.

Thanx
marcus1234
Honored Contributor

If you are using symantec endpoint ,or hP nic config utility uninstall them for now..and reboot then

shut down server restart in safe mode remove ghost duplicate drivers in device manager for the nic ,if there are any ..

if issue persists
and no other server to try it in use latest firmware cdrom, and the supplemental bios update,it came out after the 8.6 firmware cd...

remove any cards clear nv ram ,think it is switch six sometimes called maintenance switch, on sys board
now boot server with no pci cards

shutdown server again add this card only reinstall driver if no joy

boot from smart start cd and run diagnostics as this cd is also a diagnostics cd...

if card is faulty replace if not get another card to test this slot and try this card in another server...

goodluck :)
Immanuel Juma

Hi,

The above error can be dealt away with after installing windows 2003 service pack 2. This is a requirement for HP NC375i Integrated Quad port Gigabit. Hope this gets you going.

Also note the server gets a blue screen during installation of windows 2003 standard but enterprise works fine. Something to think about as well.

Enjoy
SamMan
Advisor

I have had this same issue. But I have had the issue on the DL370 G6 servers using the same Quad Port NIC. I too am having this issue on Enterprise and Standard editions both 32bit and 64 bit, though intermittent.

The fix I have had to do is manually uninstall the NICs through the Device Manager. Then install the driver update listed above and all is well.

There seems to be a problem with this NIC/Driver but I have created a new thread regarding this problem. Hopefully HP can wise up and get some fixes out there.
Jellodyne

We just installed a DL370 G6 under Windows 2k3R2 with this NC375i NIC and I can verify that no amount of troubleshooting in device manager will get this working, but installing SP2 does fix it.

I really wish that there was a readme file in the driver package informing me of the requirement and/or that the Softpaq would refuse to install or at least make mention that the driver isn't going to work on a pre SP2 system. The driver download page should definately note this under the Installation Instructions, release notes or description tabs, maybe all three. Thank god for random forum posers or I'd probably still be scratching my head on this one.
Jellodyne

^forum POSTERS^