1753797 Members
7161 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP NCU error

SOLVED
Go to solution

HP NCU error

Happy new year everyone! I have a problem with one of my servers. Its an HP ProLiant DL360 G5. Whenever I try to run the HP NCU program, I get the following error:

"An error occured when making a call into the operating system."

I'm logged on as an Admin. Any suggestions? I was going to wait until our maintenance window, and just do an uninstall/reinstall of the software. I have a feeling that won't work. Thanks in advance!!
14 REPLIES 14
Andrew Vick

I have been working on this problem with HP for about 3 weeks now. They have had me do everything....still no closer to having it work. Will post something if and when I have a fix for it.

Thanks. Did you try the uninstall/reinstall?
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

which OS?
which Proliant support pack does server have?
which NCU version?

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!

which OS? Windows Server 2003 Standard, SP1

which Proliant support pack does server have? Where do I find this? We just install the agents off of the SmartStart disk.

which NCU version? 7.85.18.0

If the PSP or NCU version are wrong, let me know where to find the right information if you can...Thanks. I just found them in the Version Control Agent.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor
Solution

hi

well my recommendation is update the proliant support pack to the latest which will include the latest NCU also 8.80

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=1121486&prodNameId=3288144&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-22527e670418447bb79060e720

regards
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

did it work??

regards

I haven't had a chance to try it yet. I have to wait until our maintenance window Saturday night to do it. I can't take down the server now if it needs a restart.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

OK

try that and let us know the results of that

regards

I tried an uninstall reinstall with the latest version and still can't run the NCU. Same error...