5805 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP NIC Teaming Failure

niknilesh
Visitor

HP NIC Teaming Failure

Hello All,

We are having HP Proliant 350 G6 servers, and teaming is configured on those server with 2 NIC's. HP network configuration utility is installed on the server to do the same. But issue is, teaming fails for some time and re-established the same in few minutes and this behaviour is on lot of servers. We are trying to find resolution on this issue but no success. Break teaming and re-created but no luck. Now we are trying to set threshold for this event so that we would not get tickets for this issue. Does anyone has faced this issue and have resolution on it. Please let me know on this. Waiting for positive response. For monitoring we are using SCOM 2012.

If anyone is having solution on server end(what configuration to be done) or SCOM side..Please let me know.

Below are the eventlogs.

=============================For successful re-creation=======================================

An Ethernet team's redundancy status changed to Fully Redundant. An Ethernet team member status changed from Error or Degraded to OK.

User Action

No action is recommended.

WBEM Indication Properties

AlertingElementFormat: 2 0x2 (CIMObjectPath)

==============================For Teaming failure=================================================

An Ethernet team's redundancy status changed to Redundancy Lost. All members of an Ethernet team, except one, are failed.

User Action

Check the Ethernet Team and Ethernet Team Member status. View the System Event Log for additional information.

============================================================================================

Regards,

Nilesh Kamble

3 REPLIES 3
T_1_6
Regular Advisor

And Etherchannel/LCAP Static or Dynamic is enabled for these ports on the switch?

niknilesh
Visitor

Hi, I dont have idea about switch..but does it really needs to check...what can be other possibilities that I can check. This issue is on most of the HP servers.
waaronb
Respected Contributor

Yes, you need to change some switch settings for some of the teaming modes.

Make sure you read the documentation on how teaming works and how LACP or 802.3ad works on the switch side.

Depending on how you configured your team, if your switch isn't setup properly then that could explain the problems you have.