1745786 Members
3865 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP NIC Teaming

Ian of Adelaide
Occasional Advisor

HP NIC Teaming

We have a HP DL380G5 which has been upgraded to WS2008R2 from WS2003 x64 R2. The problem is that the HP NIC Teaming Software seems to think that there are 2 teams, both labelled HP Network Team #1. One of these will not uninstall. We have taken out all NICs, drivers and the Teaming Software, reinstalled all of these and srestarted several times, all without change. The teams were removed before the upgrade, though the Teaming Software was not removed.

The end result is that the BFE and other associated services will not start, so the server will ping others and connect to other shares, but we cannot ping it or connect to its shares.

Any idea how to fix this?
5 REPLIES 5
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

disable all NIC in the RBSU, boot the system and try to remove the teamed configuration.

hope it will work.

mikap
Ian of Adelaide
Occasional Advisor

Thanks Michael. I had already tried that, but did it again to be sure. Even with no NICs present, the HP NIC Teamin software still shows up and in Device Manager there is a WAN Miniport (IP) visible and a hidden HP Network Team #1, both of which will not uninstall. I have removede every reference I can to cpqteam, and restarted several times, but the entries remain. There is a registry key for this that I cannot delete, so it looks as if I will have to reinstall.
Phil.Howell
Honored Contributor

Have you tried booting in safe mode (no networking) and then cleaning the registry?
Phil
Ian of Adelaide
Occasional Advisor

Yes Phil. Tried that early on in the piece. The system has a Legacy Registry Key which it will not allow to be deleted, which contains the name of the "phantom" NIC Team.
Have logged a case with HP, but so far just sent their 5Mb report file generated with their tool, so hope they can help, otherwise its a reformat and reload.
Phil.Howell
Honored Contributor

There is a way to delete legacy keys using psexec form sysinternals.
Phil