ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752319 Members
6101 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP Network Config Util won't let me team aHP Network Config Util won't let me team adaptors

Agamemnon

HP Network Config Util won't let me team aHP Network Config Util won't let me team adaptors

Hi all

When I attempt to team my network adaptors using the HP network configuration utility I received the following error message.

The following properties have been disabled for the adaptors on team,
HP Network Team #1
Because they are either incompatible or not supported by all adapters on the team:

Maximum Frame Size
Large Send Offload

IтАЩve update the both the firmware and divers for network cards.

Both adapters are listed as the following:
HP NC7782 Gigabit Server Adapters

Any ideas?

TIA

Chris
2 REPLIES 2
Connery
Trusted Contributor

Re: HP Network Config Util won't let me team aHP Network Config Util won't let me team adaptors

Hi Chris,

Even though you are receiving that error message, you are still teaming the NICs together. The Network Configuration Utility (NCU) is simply notifying you that it is disabling LSO on one NIC because it is not supported on the other NIC. NCU needs parity on all NICs in the team. As such, it disables features down to the lowest common denominator.

Also, if you REALLY want LSO enabled for the Team, you will need to find out why one of the adapters has it disabled. You should try disabling IPMI (in the server BIOS for the NICs or using NCU if you are running the latest version). If I remember correctly, LSO and IPMI can't be enabled together.

I think IPMI is enabled on one NIC by default, which means that LSO is disabled on that NIC, which means you get the message you are getting when you try to team them together.

Try going into the Advanced Properties for the NICs (from NCU) to check the list of advanced features that are enabled/disabled for each NIC. Make sure they match.

Best regards,
-sean
skywalker

Re: HP Network Config Util won't let me team aHP Network Config Util won't let me team adaptors

I'm having the same issue with LSO only. I've configured both NICs to the exact same specifications with LSO enabled. I still cannot get the NICs to team correctly. What do I need to do?

-Luke

Hi Chris,

Even though you are receiving that error message, you are still teaming the NICs together. The Network Configuration Utility (NCU) is simply notifying you that it is disabling LSO on one NIC because it is not supported on the other NIC. NCU needs parity on all NICs in the team. As such, it disables features down to the lowest common denominator.

Also, if you REALLY want LSO enabled for the Team, you will need to find out why one of the adapters has it disabled. You should try disabling IPMI (in the server BIOS for the NICs or using NCU if you are running the latest version). If I remember correctly, LSO and IPMI can't be enabled together.

I think IPMI is enabled on one NIC by default, which means that LSO is disabled on that NIC, which means you get the message you are getting when you try to team them together.

Try going into the Advanced Properties for the NICs (from NCU) to check the list of advanced features that are enabled/disabled for each NIC. Make sure they match.

Best regards,
-sean