New Discussion

Re: HP Network Configuration Utility 10.30.0.11

SOLVED
Go to solution
Vint
Advisor

HP Network Configuration Utility 10.30.0.11

Hello All,

I am in the middle of configuring a high availability Failover Cluster using Windows Server 2008R2 SP1 Datacenter Edition. In doing so, I noticed the HP Network Configuration Utility "protocol" binding on all the NICs. It says this is used to team nics for purposes of network fault tolerance and load balancing. My cluster will host high availability virtual machines on a Cluster Shared Volume on the P2000. As I feel I don't have a need for teaming and can achieve fault tolerance through hardware, can this be uninstalled? How?

I have a pair of DL385 G7s, a P2000 G3 iSCSI MSA, and a pair of HP switches. Each server  has 2 (of 8) nics dedicated to iSCSI, with one nic going to each switch having a dedicated VLAN for iSCSI traffic.

I am assuming that this utility will still allow me to enable jumbo frames and obtain high performance through these nics using the Windows property pages.

Your thoughts, please.

Thanks,

Vint

3 REPLIES 3
Goutham_Sabala
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Vint,

This is how you uninstall HP NCU 

start -> Settings ->Network Connections.
Right click on one of the network card and select properties. Under "this connection uses the following items", select the HP Network Configuration Utility and click uninstall

If you are asking that you can use HP NCU to enable jumbo frames - Yes, however keep in mind that always jumbo frames are configured in device manager first for each nic and then team the nics if you want to and it should work

Was the post useful? Say thanks by clicking the white KUDOS Star!
Goutham Sabala
Vint
Advisor

Given my needs as described above, I am really looking for confirmation that the utility is

a) for teaming and load balancing only, and

b) will not result in the loss of performance/functionality other than teaming and load balancing if uninstalled.

Thanks,

Vint

Goutham_Sabala
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Vint, I'm positive on that if utility in uninstalled it will not result in any kind of performance/functionality loss . It is primarily used for TLB
Was the post useful? Say thanks by clicking the white KUDOS Star!
Goutham Sabala