1753259 Members
5487 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP Onboard Administrator - Directory Group Permissions Failing

TonySt
Occasional Advisor

HP Onboard Administrator - Directory Group Permissions Failing

I have recently commissioned a new HP BLc7000 Blade Server enclosure.
The HP Onboard Administrator has been setup and everything can be successfully managed when logged in with the local system administrator account.
I have configured the Directory Settings, and created Directory Groups, so that we are able to log into the OA with domain credentials - the problem is whenever a domain account is used all permissions are removed from within the OA - ie all the Blade Servers, Fans, switches, etc have little padlocks displaying over them, and most functionality in OA is not available.
I have created several different directory groups within OA, and given all an 'Administrator' Privilege Level, and selected 'Group Bay Access' to the Onboard Administrator Bays, All Device Bays and All Interconnect Bays. I can log into OA authenticating to the domain, however I cannot get the Administrator privileges to work on any domain accounts/groups.
As a test I created another local user and gave it the same privilege settings and it was fine....
Has anyone else experienced a similar issue, or got any ideas where it's going pear-shaped?
Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Marek Nelec
Honored Contributor

Re: HP Onboard Administrator - Directory Group Permissions Failing

Hello Tony

Check the firmware version of the OA, and upgrade it if necesaary. Just after last christmass I got a new 7000c enclosure for a customer. The firmware version of the Onboard Administrator was 1.01. The current version is 1.20. Maybe this will help...
TonySt
Occasional Advisor

Thanks Marek,
I upgraded the enclosure to Firmware version 1.20 a few weeks back and still the same issue.
xxzab
Advisor

When you creaded the Group did you add that the access check boxes below?

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/8907/untitledjf2.png
TonySt
Occasional Advisor

Yep - all boxes are ticked for 'Onboard Administrator Bays', 'Device Bay Access' and 'Interconnect Bay Access'. The funny thing is if a create a local user and tick all these boxes it works fine, however for a domain user with all the same options ticked, it locks access.....
TonySt
Occasional Advisor

It appears that you need to also put the domain in the username field, even though the option within OA is ticked to "Use NT Account Mapping".
So to log in successfully with a domain account and have full permissions, in the Username field it requires domain\username.
Funny, that if you only put username in the field, it still successfully logs in, but you have no permissions..