cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP PROLIANT ML 350 G3

hp proliant ml
Occasional Visitor

HP PROLIANT ML 350 G3

Hi ,im having trouble installing server 2003 standard edition ,it says it cannot find the hdd's , i know i need some raid controller drivers......can someone pls point me in right direction ,maybe a link to the driver and how to do this ,sorry im not to clued up on this.
i would really appreciate it ,thanx
2 REPLIES
Prabhu Raj
Frequent Advisor

Re: HP PROLIANT ML 350 G3

Hi,
Go to the below url.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3279705&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=316537&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1005#113214

then navigate to Driver - Storage Controller

Download the suitable raid controller driver.( I guess the most common driver would be HP ProLiant Smart Array 5x and 6x Controller Driver for Windows Server 2003). The direct url for the driver is

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/sc-windows/p307814817/v43676/cp008278.exe

download it. double click on it. it will ack for install / extract. extract it to a folder. lets say c:\controllerdriver. then press close.

Now navigate to that folder and select all the files, copy it and paste it to a blank formatted floppy.

Now your driver floppy is ready.

Now boot the server using your windows 2003 cd and during the first screen it will ask you to press F6 to install third party scsi and raid drivers, on this screen press F6.

after loading windows files, it will ask you to insert the floppy and then press S.

press S and then enter to continue.

This will make your OS CD detect the HDD.

If it does not then download the correct driver and follow the process.

THE ABOVE STEP IS A DIFFICULT STEP.

USING A SMART START CD WILL BE MORE EASY BUT KEEP IN MIND THAT ALL DATA ON THE SERVER WILL BE ERASED WHEN USING SMART START
Elavarasan K
Occasional Visitor

Re: HP PROLIANT ML 350 G3

Hi,

i m also having problem with RAID controller..
Is there any other way available to install RAID controller without Start Smart pack...