1753913 Members
8763 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Power Manager 4.0 - web site unusable

Steve Pitt
Advisor

HP Power Manager 4.0 - web site unusable

I have a DL360 attached by serial cable to an HP R6000 UPS. I can install and configure Power Manager 4 to load, but the web page keeps refreshing all this which makes it unusable.
Server is running W2K3 SP1 with all the latest hot fixes etc.
We do have an ISA Server, but the results are the same with or without this being used. I get the same results from another server in the network.

The software has been installed on port 80.

Anybody got any suggestions?
Steve тАЬBug-ManтАЭ Pitt
4 REPLIES 4
Bryan Eley
Trusted Contributor

Steve,

This is likely a long shot, but under Power Manager 4.0's readme is the following:

"Part 5: Operational Notes and Known Issues in version 4.0

Users may not be able to browse to the HP Power Manager management server on newer Windows operating systems running Internet Explorer. The problem may be that the HP Power Managers Web page has not been as a trusted site. If not just add the IP address as a trusted site."

Not sure if this condition would produce the problem you are seeing, though.

Bryan
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Steve,

What is the part number on the serial cable and has it been working before when connected to a serial port and UPS?
The cable has unique wiring for UPS use only.

The correct serial cable for the R6000 ups is 12ft long and has these details:-

Assembly number: 295245-004
Spare Part Number: 122922-001

Regards,

Brian
Smock

I am also having exactly the same problem. I think it's something to do with the flash player - as it doesn't start doing it unless the flash plugin is installed (in both IE6 and firefox)

Perhaps the flash object is somehow refreshing the entire page instead of just itself??

Cheers,
The Smock
Smock

I've narrowed this down to the little indicator in the upper right corner (alertBox2.swf).

Just after the webpage loads if flashes an exclamation mark in a red circle and then the page refreshes.

Any ideas??