4721 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP ProLiant 3000

SOLVED
Go to solution
Very Old Server

HP ProLiant 3000

Have an old HP ProLiant 3000 server. Tried up-grading to Windows server 2000 from Window NT. Instead of using the upgrade portion of the server used Smart Start 5.50. Went in and set the bios to boot from CD - but it would not boot from cd. So like a dummy I deleted the partitions.

PROBLEM: When I boot up now I get - hit f10 due to no partitions - so I hit f10 then I get non-system disk hit any key to proceed. I hit any key and it takes me back to hit f10 again in a perpetual loop. How do I get back to the bios so I can get it to boot to cd?
8 REPLIES 8
SPa
Trusted Contributor

To go into the BIOS that is the System Configuration Utility which was earlier accessible via F10,the alternate way would be to use the System Configuration Diskettes which can be created using the file available at the below link:

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/13227.html

I would also recommend running an erase if you are doing a fresh installation.The erase utility can be downloaded from the below link:

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/17918.html

Also checking the CDROM drive LED during Bootup may give an idea if the system is trying to access the CDROM and in case it does try to access and still cannot boot,there may be an issue with the CDROM Drive itself.

Very Old Server

Thanks Sumesh, I created the disk properly and tried them tonight and the ProLiant server just ignored them, though I did see the light come on - on the A drive. I actually tried all 4 separately just in case - so this did not work for me, just kept getting the same error messages as stated before. Do you have any other suggestions - it only has two scuzzy drives - any suggestions are appreciated thanks . Bryant
SPa
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Hi,

The First Floppy out of the all created through System Configuration Utility downloaded should allow booting the server.

As you said the System tried booting from the floppy but went ahead there may be issues with the Floppy Drive.I would suggest checking with a different Floppy Drive and run a erase before running the system configuration utility.
Very Old Server

Hello Sumesh, the floppies you told me to make did work thanks... but to get them to work I had to Pull the scuzzy drives out and reboot with no scuzzy's... thanks

I did the system erase now I'm using smart start... thanks
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

If post helps you out then assign the point Man

Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
Very Old Server

looking for the software to give sumesh points....
Very Old Server

got it thanks
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

You have assigned point to me not to sumesh man

Nothing is impossible