4553 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

HP ProLiant DL160 G6 PWM not regulating the fans

dotcoom
Occasional Visitor

HP ProLiant DL160 G6 PWM not regulating the fans

Hello!

I own a HP ProLiant DL160 G6 Server. Quite a while ago i replaced the 12 very noisy internal fans with 5 92mm and 2 120mm fans. I tricked the fan speed controll (the pc fans turn a lot slower than the 40mm fans) by unplugging the PWN signal of one of the fans and with jumpers i put the now fast enough RPM signal of that fan to all the other Signal Inputs on the Mainboard. Everything worked fine, I didn´t have any errors or warnings, the PWM was controlling the fans, so nothing unusual. 

A few days ago I added a WiFi PCI card to the Server. Now suddenly the PWM isn´t regulating the fan speeds anymore. I still don´t have any warnings or errors, the fan speed signals are all fine and the temperatures are low enough. CPU Temp.PNGRAM Temp.PNGSpeeds.PNGSystem Status.PNG

Usually during post the fans run at a certain speed. in case of a warning the speed increases a bit and in case of a successful post the speed decreases a lot. but nowit does neither of these things. it has constantly the same speed as during post.

I can´t find a solution for this problem. Am I missing something? 

Thank you