1752577 Members
4105 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP ProLiant DL160 Gen9 install centos 6.9 64 bit

wyy
Occasional Visitor

HP ProLiant DL160 Gen9 install centos 6.9 64 bit

I have a server HP ProLiant DL160 Gen9 with two  2TB disks , and create raid 1 ok but when I install cent6.9 , I still see two disks ? I setup raid 1 , It should be only one 2 TB disk and why I see two disks ? thank you .

3 REPLIES 3
parnassus
Honored Contributor

CentOS 6.9, the operating system you're installing, has no knowledge of the Logical RAID Volume you created - during the pre-installation phase - using the HPE SSA or HPE Intelligent Provisioning method against the Smart Array Controller your HPE ProLiant DL160 Gen9 Server has (is it the HPE Dynamic Smart Array B140i Controller? ...you didn't specified the Smart Array Controller model your Server is equipped with and it is currently using to manage its disks)...thus you need to inject the correct Smart Array Controller's driver during CentOS 6.9 installation phase.

Assuming your Server is using the HPE Dynamic Smart Array B140i Controller (which is the default Entry level SATA RAID Controller) then you need to arrange your CentOS 6.9 installation by injecting the latest proper hpdsa storage controller driver (HP Dynamic Smart Array B140i SATA RAID Controller Driver) found here (note: it is valid for RedHat Linux Enterprise Server for which there is a binary compatibility with CentOS...at least if you consider same versions of both operating systems, like RHEL 6.9 versus CentOS 6.9).

Instructions on how to install Device Drivers on Linux (RedHat Enterprise Linux 6) can be found on page 9 of HPE Dynamic Smart Array B140i Controller User Guide here.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
wyy
Occasional Visitor

I install successfully , but reboot and show "error 24 Attempt to access block outside partition " Press any key to continue .

Any advise ??

wyy
Occasional Visitor

I installed successfully. thank you very much