1753987 Members
4591 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

HP ProLiant DL180 Raid Question

jah8887
Occasional Contributor

HP ProLiant DL180 Raid Question

I am looking at potentially recommending a client the HPE ProLiantDL180 Gen9 (MFG part number 860134-S01).  The owner wants 2 seperate raid arrays.  Raid 1 to mirror Windows Server 2016 Essentials and a raid 5 array for storage.  I cant seem to find out online if this one supports 2 seperate raid arrays or if its possible to have 2 arrays going at once in the server.  Any help is appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: HP ProLiant DL180 Raid Question

Provided that that HPE ProLiant DL180 Gen9 SKU is equipped with a proper HPE Smart Array controller supporting RAID 5 (other than RAID 1) and the proper number of drives (2 for RAID 1 Array and at least other 3 for RAID 5 Array) - and it seems so since the HPE H240 Smart Host Bus Adapter is cited WRT the HPE SKU you highlighted - you should be OK.

The HPE H240 Smart Host Bus Adapter supports 0, 1, 5 and 1+0 (10) RAID levels.

References:

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
jah8887
Occasional Contributor

Re: HP ProLiant DL180 Raid Question

I appreciate the response and information.  The client wants to put 2016 Essentials on a SSD and mirror it to another SSD.  Then they have 3 4TB hard drives for storage set to raid 5.  Just wanted to make sure we could have both going simultaneously and no issues would occur or if the server could even allow it.