ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753773 Members
5110 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

HP ProLiant DL180se G6 running ESXi 5.5 Update 2

mihael_keehl

HP ProLiant DL180se G6 running ESXi 5.5 Update 2

I'm trying to monitor a server, there's a couple of them but I'm just trying it out at one of them first,  and it's a HP ProLiant DL180se G6 running ESXi 5.5 Update 2.

• ESXi 5.5 image is not HP customized, it was downloaded directly from VMWare.
  • Installed ESXi 5.5 Update 1 and 2, to confirm, the command "vmware -vl" returns " HP ProLiant DL180se G6 running ESXi 5.5 Update 2\n HP ProLiant DL180se G6 running ESXi 5.5 Update 2"
  • Installed "Recommeded * HP ESXi Offline Bundle for VMware vSphere 5.5". (Rebooted the system) Link here. Filename: "hp-esxi5.5uX-bundle-2.1.1-2.zip"  

The problem is, when I try to discover it via HP SIM, it gets discovered but I can't get any other "Health Status" other than "Ping". Can't access it's property pages, it says "Property Pages are unavailable for this managed system. 

Tried 'Configure' > 'Manage Communications' > 'Advise and Repair' and it says 
"HP SIM can access the ESX Host and VM information on the embedded ESX host, but cannot get ProLiant hardware data from the HP WBEM provider. Either the provider is not installed, or the WBEM CIMOM service needs to be restarted on the system."

Please see attached files for more information. I've been working on this for two weeks now with no success. 

Cheers,
Mihael