1753774 Members
7424 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP ProLiant DL360 G5 RAID Battery Pack Not Receving Charge

NetSysAdmin1111
Occasional Contributor

HP ProLiant DL360 G5 RAID Battery Pack Not Receving Charge

We have an HP ProLiant DL360 G5 server. We've ordered two 4.8V Ni-MH RAID Controller Batteries and both have failed to charge. When looking at power LEDS on RAID Controller battery, SYS, AUX have green color LEDS. But, LED for BATT is a constatnt color of amber.

On DL360 G5 server, I've installed RAID Controller battery and left server running for three days and still we cannot get RAID battery to work.

I use Array Configuration Utility and for system status we see yellow exclamation point with number 1, indicating Code 263 with description "Smart Array P400i in Embedded slot has one or more cache module batteries/capacitors that are failed."

I then decided to use a digital multimeter to confirm if the two batteries we ordered were in fact bad, but it turns out that when I tested RAID Controller battery with multimeter it displayed battery is receiving a charge.  Which leads me to belive that the cable connected from RAID battery pack leading to RAID card connected to server motherboard is not receiving the charge. I do know the RAID card is working because it does recognize the hard drives and the LEDS display green colors.

We are running Windows server 2012 R2, and I would like clarification on 4.8V Ni-MH RAID Controller battery if it's compatible with the OS we are running. Or if theres an update to fix this problomatic issue. I've already updated firmware on storage controller.

Thanks for your time.

2 REPLIES 2
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

The bazzery and the OS are not related at all. The problem could be a bad cache module, because the loader logic is on that board.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
NetSysAdmin1111
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your reply. Is there a way to fix bad cache module, or can it be replaced?