New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP ProLiant DL360 G6 + Win server 2008 R2 + iLO SNMP

SOLVED
Go to solution
Bendom
Frequent Advisor

HP ProLiant DL360 G6 + Win server 2008 R2 + iLO SNMP

Hi,

I would like to ask you about settings for receiving SNMP traps. I am able to send reports and test msgs from HP SMH via Insight Agents, Informations and test msgs from HP SIM (both HP programs are running on the same machine), but neither of these two programs is not able to receive SNMP trap from iLO, process it like own trap and send it away like an email alerts. I know that SNMP traps from iLO (i tried more than one server/ilo port) are send correctly and they reach server NIC (NIC sniffing), but then... nothing. UDP ports 161/162 listening, SNMP services running. Can you advice me what should i do or post here a link with useful hints?

Thanks in advance

7 REPLIES 7
Lincy_Zachariah
Valued Contributor

Hi,

On the current G6/G7 ProLiants you need to install the HP Agents to be able to get those kinds of alerts. iLO only sends out traps related to iLO alerts. If you want traps about server alerts, you need to have the HP agents running. Then, you could enable iLO to forward these traps generated by the agents to your server.

Bendom
Frequent Advisor

Dear Zachariah,

Thanks for your reply. Just for clarification.

iLO SNMP alerts enabled.

iLO Pass-thru enabled.

iLO SNMP forward (i dont know whole name of this feature now) enabled.

Destination of SNMP alerts set as IP address of IPv4 format.

On the server.

HP SIM installed.

HP SHM installed.

HP Insight Agents installed. (they are working fine i am abel to generate traps/alerts about hw issues)

SNMP services installed and configured (i hope well).

The problem is. Everything seems to be configured fine. Trap from iLO is sent succesfully, but for some reason, they could not reach/be catched by Agents a processed. (i tried to switch off firewall and antivirus too).

Bendom
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

Any ideas or hints?

BN_Yosra

HI Bendom,

could please confirm if the adress you are using on "Destination of SNMP alerts" is the SIM Adress ?

aslo could you please confirm SNMP community u've configured

Hope this help,

thanks
I am an HP employee
Bendom
Frequent Advisor

Dear BN_Yosra,

Destination is set as IP address of server where HP SIM is installed.

I hope you mean those community strings. One is called public which has READ rights and second one is called private and has READ_WRITE rights (i read HP SIM need to have some community string with this right). Both can receive traps from any host.

Bendom
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Dear all,

I must say that this problem was somehow fixed by itself ... for some reason after server regulary maintain it start working. There was one update installed and it was > //attached file

which is as far as i know some security update. I don't want to close this thread until i figure out what happend and why it is working now. (This server is like a test and i need to know how to set it up correctly on another servers etc.) Any ideas which can clarify this to me?

Thank you

joseph pareti
Frequent Advisor

could you please explain where to look for received traps and errors that prevent traps from being received