New Discussion

Re: HP ProLiant DL360 G7 - HDD Problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
EddyT
Occasional Visitor

HP ProLiant DL360 G7 - HDD Problem

Hello Community,

I know this is not the right Section for a Server and so on but I don´t know any further where to ask. So I ask the Pro´s here.

I got a problem. I´ve bought myself a Server on eBay, the Proliant DL360 G7 with an P410i 256MB Smart Array Chip built-in.

Now the BIOS is configured to boot and work with this Module. It detects the HDDs fine but when on Windows Installation it´s not working anymore and it tells me that there is a problem with the BIOS Setting.

I try to Install but then it tells me that the HDD is not available for Installation, it shows up, I can format it but can´t Install.

I´ve rechecked everything and it´s all set up fine.

Also SSDs are not recognized as Installable. Linux works but won´t boot up since the BIOS is not detecting a bootable media on the HDD/SSD.

Also Slot 3 is always a blue light while the others are off.

What should I do? Currently I am running Windows 7 64-Bit on a Stick and that works fine.

I am an advanced User but I never experienced this. Learning is never over..

With greetings and thanks for helping me out.

Edwin

1 REPLY 1
EddyT
Occasional Visitor
Solution

Re: HP ProLiant DL360 G7 - HDD Problem

Hello again,

I managed it by myself and a little help from the Web.

I followed this here: http://serverfault.com/questions/419858/cant-enter-hp-smartarray-p410-raid-orca-set-up-on-hp-proliant-dl320g6

And deleted the HDD in ORCA. I then created a new RAID0 and booted again from CD with Win 7 Installation.

Suddenly Installation is working and everything is good to go :)