ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748032 Members
4431 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP ProLiant DL360 G7 - System Crash

John Wiese

HP ProLiant DL360 G7 - System Crash

I have been trying to figure out why my HP ProLiant DL360 G7 keeps crashing (not rebooting, simply crash with a power reset). I found this log in the System Management Homepage Log. The events in the log are happening right after each crash. Of course this is because the system is restarting but the log does not occur with a Regular System Restart only a Crash.

I have updated all drivers, firmware, and OS components and still the system crashes regularly.

I have running Server 2008 R2/Exchange 2010 SP1.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you,
John

----------------

WARNING 1/13/2011 12:36:43 PM
The mapping from /vcrepository/autoupdate to /cgi-bin/vcagent/cgi?legacyuri=/vcrepository/autoupdate for webapp

vcagent is for a URL not in the webapp's purview

The mapping from /vcrepository/vcrmfolder to /cgi-bin/vcagent/cgi?legacyuri=/vcrepository/vcrmfolder for webapp

The mapping from /vcrepository/repository to /cgi-bin/vcagent/cgi?legacyuri=/vcrepository/repository for webapp

The mapping from /vcrepository/catalog to /cgi-bin/vcagent/cgi?legacyuri=/vcrepository/catalog for webapp vcagent is

for a URL not in the webapp's purview

The mapping from /cgi-bin/vcrepository/cgi to /cgi-bin/vcagent/cgi for webapp vcagent is for a URL not in the

webapp's purview

The mapping from /vcrepository to /cgi-bin/vcagent/cgi for webapp vcagent is for a URL not in the webapp's purview

WARNING 1/13/2011 12:36:40 PM
The mapping from /vcrepository/autoupdate to /cgi-bin/vcagent/cgi?legacyuri=/vcrepository/autoupdate for webapp

The mapping from /vcrepository/vcrmfolder to /cgi-bin/vcagent/cgi?legacyuri=/vcrepository/vcrmfolder for webapp

The mapping from /vcrepository/repository to /cgi-bin/vcagent/cgi?legacyuri=/vcrepository/repository for webapp

The mapping from /vcrepository/catalog to /cgi-bin/vcagent/cgi?legacyuri=/vcrepository/catalog for webapp vcagent is

for a URL not in the webapp's purview

The mapping from /cgi-bin/vcrepository/cgi to /cgi-bin/vcagent/cgi for webapp vcagent is for a URL not in the

webapp's purview

The mapping from /vcrepository to /cgi-bin/vcagent/cgi for webapp vcagent is for a URL not in the webapp's purview

INFORMATIONAL 1/13/2011 12:36:38 PM
SMH Event manager reported status in System log.

INFORMATIONAL 1/13/2011 12:36:38 PM
SMH service started.
9 REPLIES 9
Michael A. McKenney
Respected Contributor

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/hpsim/dl_windows.html

Try upgrading the HP Systems Insight Manager to the latest version. It contain VC Repository Manager.
John Wiese

Thank you for the information. I have updated SIM and the Hotfix back in November. The system still crashes.

I doesn't crash that often but about every 6 days or so it goes down and someone has to go onsite to press the power button. Any other suggestions.

John
Michael A. McKenney
Respected Contributor

Disable the application and see if it goes more than 6 days. How much memory is in the server, My Exchange 2007 server has 32GB. It was cranky on 22GB. Clear the event logs the next time it crashes so you have less to review. Does it just freeze? BSOD? What does it do to require a physical reboot from the button. Can you restart it from ILO?
Ali
HPE Pro

Hi John,

Server shutdown/crashed automatically... It may not be due to warning or informational messages that you getting...

It's a power event and need to findout why did server shutdown by itself.

Check the IML log and ILO temperature threshold.

check for any scheduled event.

how is it connected... direct to power outlet or through UPS

How many Power suppllies and how they are connected to power... both to UPS or Outlet or one to UPS and one to direct socket/another UPS..

what is the frequency of this crash..?

thanks,
Aftab
I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

Ali
HPE Pro

Hi John,

Check this thread for similar error messages http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ITRC-HP-Systems-Insight-Manager/linux-version-control-agent-not-working/m-p/4631533#M40995

however, this does not cause server to crash or shutdown.

thanks
Aftab

I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

Jake Mason
Advisor

Boot the server into smart start and see if there is any errors on the memory. Also run a full test on the server itself (you can uncheck the hard drives, that'll save a lot of time) and see if anything returns an error. You can also check some of the logs in there too. Like someone else said, log into the iLO and check the iml logs as well.
Jake Mason
Advisor

I know this seems out of left field, but I ran into a power issue on a DL360 G6 a month ago where I thought the system board was bad but it ended up being the PCI riser card was bad (of all things) Something to keep in mind as well.
John Wiese

Thank you everyone for your help. I am going in to troubleshoot the server tomorrow morning and will use all of the details you have all provided me.

BTW, the server has 6gb of memory and 80 mailboxes. According to Microsoft I only should need 4 gigabytes (GB) of RAM per server plus 5 megabytes (MB) of RAM recommended for each mailbox. But that is Microsoft so I will take an additional 6GB in with me.

Just another small piece of info. 1 user who has joined the domain states it takes him 20+ seconds to open a file over the network. The file is only 200k so I tested the line and the hub and everything is clear. Has anyone had any problems with the network controller on the G7. I have updated the firmware and drivers but it still seems slow. I also switched ports on the server and reallocated them to make sure it wasn't just a bad port.

Thank you again,

John
Bob_Vance
Esteemed Contributor

Any resolution to this ?

bv
"The lyf so short, the craft so long to lerne." - Chaucer