ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753930 Members
10051 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP ProLiant DL380 G3 - Windows Server 2003 Shuts Down Unexpectedly for no reason !!

smnragia
Occasional Advisor

Re: HP ProLiant DL380 G3 - Windows Server 2003 Shuts Down Unexpectedly for no reason !!

There you go... the PC shuts down again after running for 7-8 hours

the worst thing about it now;  it won't boot up again.

RED Light on the front panel..the one right on top. I guess that's external health led !!

smnragia
Occasional Advisor

ooppps... sorry it's Internal health LED that's blinking Red !

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

You should be able to find out what is causing that internal health led to be lit.
If it isn't indicated outside the server, you have to boot up the machine with the casing opened, so that you can see the leds on the system board.

As for what to do when a server doesn't boot at all: run the server in minimal config (as few cpus, dimms, psus, etc) as possible.
smnragia
Occasional Advisor

Ok.. boot the Pc with the casing opened. Think I found the problem. The leds that are blinking  [amber] is DIMM 4B [RAM].

Another thing is the CPU Fan #2 & the tem Fan - no lights blinking at all, I'm starting to think it's dead.

Last but not least, the LED's for ULTRA SCSI port 1 HDD # 4 & port 2 HDD # 3 is blinking Red.

The front panel indicator Led is Amber in color [Internal Health]

smnragia
Occasional Advisor

Sorry, it's system Fan rather on my last comment !!

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Are the fans not spinning? Did you check the service and maintenance guide for what the leds mean?

Try doing something about the memory problem first and then we can try to figure out the disk things.

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Have you connected to iLO and looked at the data captured in the IML (Integrated Management Log)? That might help pinpoint your issues.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!