ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753481 Members
4442 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP ProLiant DL380 G4 - memory adding trouble.

oldMiner

HP ProLiant DL380 G4 - memory adding trouble.

There is 2x1Gb DIMM's installed in slot A. Can't add anymore, device don't recognize any modules in B or B & C bank. We are use Elpida and Hynix HP certificated modules.What's amiss?
5 REPLIES 5
raadek
Honored Contributor

Are your modules on supported options list?
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12028_div/12028_div.HTML#Memory

Rgds
Don't panic! [THGTTG]
NMory
Respected Contributor

I don't want to sound rude, but to be honest, this HP Servers are very unstable when you are not using original HP dimms, even if the ones you bought say that are certified, I don't trust that, I would test some real HP original dimms...You could try to test with some from other HP servers that you may have...just make sure they are supported on this server.

LN
NMory
Respected Contributor

This memory consideration might help you:

The following configuration requirements apply to single-rank and dual-rank DIMMs:

-Install only PC2-3200 Registered DDR-2 SDRAM DIMMs, 1.8 volts, 72 bits wide, and ECC.
-DIMMs must be installed in pairs.
-DIMM pairs in a memory bank must have the same HP part numbers.
-Always populate the DIMMs in sequential order per bank: Bank A, Bank B, and then Bank C.
-Dual-rank DIMMs must be populated before single-rank DIMMs (see table below).
-If dual-rank DIMMs are installed in Bank A and Bank B, no additional DIMMs may be installed in Bank C (see table below).

Regards,

LN
oldMiner

Thanks for counsels, but i wrigt "certificated modules": it's "2 GB of Advanced PC2 PC3200 DDR2 SDRAM DIMM Memory Kit (2 x 1024 MB) 343056-B21 " x 2, populated in accordance with manual. HP Proliant DL 140 operate with all DIMM without any problems...
NMory
Respected Contributor

If the server is still under warranty then you should call HP right away, to have them troubleshoot the problem, you probably have bad system board overthere...

LN