6363 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP ProLiant DL380 G5 - P800 Raid Controller not Initializing

Manesh Natha
Occasional Advisor

HP ProLiant DL380 G5 - P800 Raid Controller not Initializing

Hi All

I have an HP ProLiant DL380 G5 server with a P800 Raid controller. When you power on the server it does not go pass the initializing of the raid controller. It just hangs there. I have replaced the raid controller and still have the same problem. The motherboard and backplane has also been replaced but the problem still exists.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Manesh
5 REPLIES 5
Mi6t0
Trusted Contributor

If all these have been changed, it is possibly the PCI riser cage.
Manesh Natha
Occasional Advisor

This is going to be changed today. Will let you know if it resolves the problem.
Marko H.
Valued Contributor

Blazhev_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

if the controller is found, only he initializes forever you can power down the server, take the HDDs out. Power on the server , wait for the controller to "initialize", then power down the server, put the HDDs in and power the server on again...
If the controller is not found at all, you can try different slot...
Something very unusual, but can happen maybe if the System ROM is the newest and the P800 has old firmware, but I don't think this is the case...if the riser cage replacement didn't solve the problem, you can try system ROM downgrade and give it a try :)

Pac
Manesh Natha
Occasional Advisor

Hi Guys thanks for your help. We have replaced the riser cage and that resolved the problem.

Thanks
Manesh