1752618 Members
4327 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP ProLiant DL380 G6 Fans Slowly Accelerating

IanSully
Occasional Contributor

HP ProLiant DL380 G6 Fans Slowly Accelerating

Hi all, I have an HP ProLiant DL380 G6 Server that recently it has been starting to accelerating the fans for no reason what so ever, I restart the iLO adapter, that tempalry fixes the problem, but then the fans slowly accelerates back to where it was. Here are the things I have tired so far.

1. Reflash iLO adapter.

2. Reflash the BIOS.

3. Downgrade the iLO firmware.

4. Reset the BIOS to factory defalut.

5. Turn on Matinence switch #6, then turning it off again.

6. Taking out the fans and reinserting them.

7. Switching the fans.

8. Switching the Thermal Configuration to "Maximum Cooling", then switching it back to "Optimal Cooling".

9. Reset iLO 2 to Factory Default.

I am not sure if any of you guys are experiencing this problem or not. But if you have solved this problem, or soemthing simular, can one of you help me? Thank you!

Best regards, Ian.

4 REPLIES 4
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Re: HP ProLiant DL380 G6 Fans Slowly Accelerating

Hello,

Please elaborate on the issue.

1. What is the exact issue. ( Fan Noise issue, fan not working properly)

2. Share the IML error.

Make sure system bios with the latest.

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

IanSully
Occasional Contributor

Hi SanjevGoyal, the fans work just fine, the BIOS is at 2018.05.21, I am not sure if that is the latest or not. But it is the latest that I know of.

So here is what it is doing, when I restart the server, the fan speed would stay the same, then when the system starts to POST, then the fans start to slow down to 13% according to iLO, but then fans 3, 4, and 5, start to accelerate. According to the iLo adapter, the speeds could get to as high as 80% or more, and that gets noisey, I have tired everything possible to make the server stop accelerating those fans, but it is not working.

SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Helllo,

I would suggest you have a proper case be logged with HPE, and share the appropriate logs for further analysis.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

GoUbuntu
Regular Visitor

Whats good ian

If you disconnect the attached storage and only use the sata ports, that should reduce the noise significantly.