4323 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP ProLiant DL380 G6 and Windows Server OS

Frenky-77
Advisor

HP ProLiant DL380 G6 and Windows Server OS

Hi

I'm going to buy an used HP ProLiant DL380 G6 Server and I found it seems to be compatible only with Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012 and with Windows Small Business Server 2011.

I'm using a Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard OS in the old server I'm going to change with the new: can I use this license in the new server?

I found a this Windows Server 2012 license on Amazon: is it good for my new server?

https://www.amazon.it/Enterprise-Microsoft-Japanese-10license-Giapponese/dp/B00JGON7NS

Thank's a lot,

Francesco

6 REPLIES 6
EsiKhoob
Occasional Advisor

Hi 

My Windows` lisense wont work after I transter the hard disk or the system Image to new hardware.

There are some lisenses that are for more than one hardware.

Frenky-77
Advisor

Hi EsiKhoob

I don't want to transfer the hard disk or system image to the new hardware but i want to install the software in the new hardware and after that to uninstall it from the old hardware.

Francesco

Fritsch James
Frequent Advisor

Windows Server 2008 R2 will work fine with a DL380 G6 Server. It is fully supported by HP. The latest Windows Server OS supported on G6 is Windows 2012. From my experience Windows Server 2012 R2 will work fine as well, just make sure you are using the latest firmware versions available

Raviswamy
Advisor

Hi 

Please let us know new hardware configuration 

Thank you

Ravi swamy 

I am a HPE Employee
Raviswamy
Advisor

Hello 

Please let us know new hardware configuration 

Thank you

Ravi swamy 

I am a HPE Employee
Frenky-77
Advisor

Is it right that I can downgrade Windows Server 2016 license to Windows server 2012 only if I buy the "standard" edition?