1752297 Members
4982 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

HP ProLiant DL380p G8 riser card power options

funkimunky
Visitor

HP ProLiant DL380p G8 riser card power options

I would like power the 3 port pci riser expansion with the 10 pin power socket. I cannot see where to get power from this board to the socket.  I have read that I can use HPE 150W PCI-E Power Cable Kit (669777-B21) but I dont know where to plug the other end in.

I have been thinking about using an external psu but there is no guarantee that it will stay at the same voltage level as the main psu.

Does anyone know how to power this pci riser card?

2 REPLIES 2
ksram
HPE Pro

Re: HP ProLiant DL380p G8 riser card power options

Hi,

Thank you for the Post.

The Power socket available on the Riser would be for the GPUs usually.

You may refer the Picture available on the link : https://techlibrary.hpe.com/docs/iss/DL380_Gen9/setup_install/GUID-2731BD8C-F5EE-4B69-BB0E-41817C7335D7.html

For the othe Cards being installed on these will be getting the Power from the Slots itself.

Thank you

RamKS

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

BillyBag2a
Occasional Visitor

Re: HP ProLiant DL380p G8 riser card power options

The power comes from the 10 way to your pci (eg graphics) card. This 10 way is powered through the riser's card edge connectors that plug in the "mother board". Typically the high power PCI card has a PCI style connector which is 6 and/or 8 pin. You wll need to make sure your power suplies are powerful enough for all your power needs. The power though the PCI slot to your PCI card is limited. Extra power comes through the 10 way. If your PCI card does not have extra power connectors it should run within the PCI power spec for the slot.