1751790 Members
4969 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP ProLiant DL385 G7

Ainur
Occasional Visitor

HP ProLiant DL385 G7

I want to monitor the temperature on an HP ProLiant DL385 G7 server. I can't find an oid for him. Please tell me if this is possible, and if so, please write oid.

2 REPLIES 2
ManBha
HPE Pro

Re: HP ProLiant DL385 G7

Hello,

Please do find below the MIB for HPE SIM.  The OIDs are available in the MIB kit.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/swd/detail?swItemId=MTX_971f001445ad4b9bae8fddafd0#tab-history

Thanks.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Ihaqueit
Trusted Contributor

Re: HP ProLiant DL385 G7

To monitor the HP proliant series of servers, you would want to create any number of our HP Proliant sensors for these devices. Currently we have the following:

- SNMP HP ProLiant Logical Disk Sensor - SNMP HP ProLiant Memory Controller Sensor - SNMP HP ProLiant Network Interface Sensor - SNMP HP ProLiant Physical Disk Sensor - SNMP HP ProLiant System Health Sensor

These sensors need to have HP Insight Management Agents for Windows Server 2003/2008 installed on the target device, so it reports data via SNMP. Also, in order to receive SNMP data from RAID controllers you will additionally need HP Insight Management WBEM Providers.

With that said, this is an easy enough solution for those servers that you have that are running Windows but for the ESX servers, this may present an issue. Since the Insight manager would not run properly on a VM since it only has access to the "Virtual" hardware, you might want to try and install the HP ESXi Offline Bundle for VMware ESXi and see if that provides the same SNMP OIDs as the normal SIM OIDs.

http://h30507.www3.hp.com/t5/Technical-Support-Services-Blog/6-Simple-Steps-to-Monitoring-ESXi-with-Insight-Remote-Support/ba-p/100789#.UcgP1vkwfzw

We will be testing out the ESXi Offline Bundle this week or next and I'll post here whether or not it works with our sensors.

I Haq