Did you mean: 

HP ProLiant DL580 Server series

SOLVED
Go to solution
Sadi Rov
Occasional Visitor

HP ProLiant DL580 Server series

Hello,
i opened the Compaq server and reclosed it again, but the server doesn't start at all as usual. The lamp in the square (in front of the server) is On. I review the manual but i didn't find what is the meaning of the small lamp in front of the server. Please any help with this issue is highly appreciated.

Regards,
8 REPLIES
TTr
Honored Contributor

Re: HP ProLiant DL580 Server series

> doesn't start at all as usual
Any signs of power other than the "lamp in the front"? Any fan or disk noise or signs of POST?

Open it again and check if everything is in order. Look for any loose parts, wires that may have come off or got disturbed. Ensure all components are firmly inserted in their place and that all the covers close properly. There are cabinet switches that get activated if a cover does not close properly and kill the power.
Sadi Rov
Occasional Visitor

Thank you very much for your reply.
There is no sound at all, (the power supply is OK) and there's nothing on the screen.
I checked everything, and everything is OK. I doubt about cabinet switches, where can i find them in the Compaq DL580 server series? also does the lamp icon in the front related related to the cabinet switches? Is there any work around for this solution.

Best Regards,
TTr
Honored Contributor

You did not say which "G" it is but the user guide should have explanations for all LED status lights front back and inside.
Sadi Rov
Occasional Visitor

Hello again,

The server is not from the G series, as I search on this web and find it under "HP ProLiant DL580 Server series". It's the only one in the series, it is the white one. I have the same here. Also, i am trying to get the documentation before creating the thread and disturbing you :P , but i can't, since whenever i click on the link, it gives me error page. Is there any other location to get from?

Many thanks,
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

if you have a serial number and product number you will be able to identify wich type of Proliant dl580 Gx do you have.

mikap
Sadi Rov
Occasional Visitor

Hello Guys,

This is the server that i am talking about.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&contentType=SupportManual&docIndexId=64255&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=341566〈=en&cc=us#8

It's not under any of the G series. Could anyone provide me with the manual guide for this server, since there's many pdf file there, and i am going to search for the solution.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Regards,
TTr
Honored Contributor
Solution

> This is the server that i am talking about.
On the same URL that you posted, there is the "Maintenance and service guide" which has LED status indicators begining on page 4-11
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/CoreRedirect.jsp?redirectReason=DocIndexPDF&prodSeriesId=341566&targetPage=http%3A%2F%2Fbizsupport1.austin.hp.com%2Fbc%2Fdocs%2Fsupport%2FSupportManual%2Fc01052572%2Fc01052572.pdf
Sadi Rov
Occasional Visitor

Thank you very much,

Appreciated,