108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP ProLiant ML 150 G3 install windows 2003 with no floppy drive problems

SOLVED
Go to solution
~sesh
Esteemed Contributor

NLITE is a very good option to use when you want to deploy the server for the first time.

However, since you have already got the OS installed, you can boot from the Windows 2003 installation disc, boot to the recovery console and try the fixboot or fixmbr commands.

I think the "operating system not found" error would be because the OS & boot files are now mirrored, and the correct location of the boot files can't be ascertained. Try this option anyway because you haven't made a bootable ISO using nlite.

And to boot with the ISO image created by nlite, you will have to burn it to a CD as a bootable image / disc image.
xiufeng

Hi, All
Thank you for the replies. I did install Windows 2003 OS on this ProLiant ML150 G3 server today. I assigned points to your replies. Basically, I followed the steps HappyDude provided in the thread http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1172050.
After rebuild an array of RAID 1, slice the bootable ISO image cd to re-install OS.
Based on my experience, I think HappyDude should append a few more steps to explain how to reboot the server after created and rebuild array. Karlo is right. ISO image has to be burned directly to a cd. At first, I didn't notice the dropdown list to choose "burn image" (nLite 1.4). This option is to create a bootable ISO image cd. I can accept adric's explanation to the "operating system not found" error. I'm still learning to deploy the features of SATA RAID Controller disks.

Regards,
xiufeng
FatihK

I am sorry but, isn't there any other way to install Windows Server 2003 (or whatever) on this machine.

We've just bought an Hp ProLiant ML150 G5 and there was no cd in the box.

Isn't there a smart cd or something?

Do I have to prepare an installation cd, since the machine came without a floppy?
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello,

100 series installation CD is now available at :
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/remotemgmt/easy_setup_CD/index.html

Regards,
FatihK

Hi,

That CD is only compatible with ML110 G5 and ML115 G5 models..

Hello,

100 series installation CD is now available at :
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/remotemgmt/easy_setu
p_CD/index.html

Regards,
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Oops ! I read "ML115" instead of "ML150" ; Srry about that.