108799 Solutions
New Discussion

HP ProLiant ML 350 G5 - BIOS password with 8 character

SOLVED
Go to solution
Fox4

HP ProLiant ML 350 G5 - BIOS password with 8 character

Hi all,

It is my first post, I would like to thank you for the contributions received in this forum.

I have a trouble with a HP ProLiant ML 350 G5. I defined a test boot password with 7 character, confirm it, reboot and it worked great. 

Since it worked correctly, I reset the password by adding a bar at the end when entering it. It also worked correctly. When defining the final password, I used a password with 8 characters, but now when starting it does not recognize the password "invalid password". I tried the first 7 characters and it doesn't work.
Any suggestions? The server has an ilo 2. It is located in a remote location in the organization, so resetting the BIOS is a non-viable option.

Thank you very much in advance for your collaboration.

2 REPLIES 2
Fox4
Solution

Re: HP ProLiant ML 350 G5 - BIOS password with 8 character

Solved!

I share the solution y tried and solved the problem for the future. Maybe it was already published in this forum, but I haven't found it.

I tried to enter the first 6 characters, omit the followings except the last one. I explained:

At BIOS, set boot password: 1234abcd, confirm password: 1234abcd

When system ask boot password, type 1234abd.

I hope this help someone.

s1m2

Re: HP ProLiant ML 350 G5 - BIOS password with 8 character

Thanks for sharing! You are a lifesaver!

I had this same issue with a ProLiant ML10 v2 server, but your solution did the trick

HP should have put a note alongside the BIOS password field that it supports ONLY 7 character long password or give ANY sign that the password will be truncated when a user tries to input more than 7 characters!