6424 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP ProLiant ML110 BIOS reset, problem with FastTrak

MariosK
Visitor

HP ProLiant ML110 BIOS reset, problem with FastTrak

Hello,

We own an old HP ProLiant ML110 server (https://h10057.www1.hp.com/ecomcat/hpcatalog/specs/provisioner/05/344268-421.htm) and unfortunetly it was off long enough for the motherboard battery to die and the BIOS to reset. I am now trying to use the server again but it seems a specific configuration in the BIOS has been altered after reset and the FastTrak Sata controller doesn't work.  

Specifically I get the following message: "Warning - FastTrak does not detect proper interrupts, Please check your Hardware and PCI IRQ setup, and make sure the PCI slot support Bus Master operations"

I went through the BIOS and check the PCI Bus Master support and it was enabled for all slots. I even tried disabling it for all the others and leave only the FastTrak's slot enabled and even changed the slot physically.

I have to note that I have no other PCI cards installed on the server.

Please let me know if there is a specific BIOS configuration I need to tune, IRQ's etc, for the FastTrak controller to work or if you believe the problem is somewhere else.

Thank you, Marios

4 REPLIES 4
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

Reset the BIOS by removing the coin battery or using system maintenance switch.

Make sure the controller and hard drive are in the first boot order in bios after its reset.

If this is a PCI card, try the card in a different slot.

Thank You!
I am a HP employee.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

MariosK
Visitor

Hello Suman,

I tried all these steps you mentioned but the problem has not been resolved.

Here is also a post I open on another forum at HP which I follow some steps from another member http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware/HP-ProLiant-ML110-BIOS-reset-problem-with-FastTrak/td-p/2959519

Thank you,

Marios

MariosK
Visitor

Is it possible to be a hardware failure? If I remove the disks the FastTrak BIOS proceeds to the next step with the message that there is no array defined

MariosK
Visitor

Problem has been resolved. I had to also "BIOS reset" the FastTrak card be taking it out and leaving it for a while. At the same time I also reset the MB BIOS. Then I firsted booted one time without the card, set the HD as primary boot and then power off, install the FastTrak and restart and everything was fine.