108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP ProLiant ML110 G5 - Won't start

Lior Narinsky
Occasional Contributor

HP ProLiant ML110 G5 - Won't start

Hello,
We have an HP ProLiant ML110 G5 Server,
Today, suddenly server's screen turned black, and when i try to power it up, i hear the fan very loud but no picture on screen.
It's not the monitor, i replaced it.
And i have disconnected everything to see if it's causing the problem, now the only thing connected to the main board is the PSU, CPU-Fan and memory (tried to replace the PSU). We have here 2 memory modules and i tried with any one of them, its the same.
Also tried to reset the BIOS.

If you have any ideas what can i do or what is the problem, PLEASE answer ASAP, this is our only Server and without it the whole office can't work.

Thank you.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Disk, Disk Arrays (Retired Discussion Board) to ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL). - Hp Forum Moderator

5 REPLIES 5
s4mb4

I have the exact same problem. started yesterday. I was upgrading the BIOS and now, the server is dead.
It will not even post. it powers up and the fan just spins at a really high RPM.
currently, i have it completely unplugged and the BIOS battery is pulled. I hope that after a few hours it will reset itself.

ML 110 G5
Simon Elias

Just happened to me today: the ML 110 G5 working fine all this time, and suddenly the fan went into high speed, and the whole server is dead.

The power button is useless. Need to unplug the power cable.

Has anyone figured out what is going on?
Jason Huggins

Mine started doing similar two days ago. I can get it to start by unplugging from mains for around 30 seconds. After that it is 50:50 as to whether it POST's. A reboot / shutdown & restart without removing mains power fails every time (with even doing the POST). If anybody can explain the problem, I too will be very grateful
Jason Huggins

Small typo above. I meant (without even doing the POST)
Jason Huggins

After trying all the usual tricks, I called support and HP quicky sent me a new motherboard to try. In these cases, it is usually a process of elimination. I fitted it and everything is fine now. Thanks HP.