1752794 Members
6355 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP ProLiant ML150 Gen9 RAID5 + Standalone SSD

nabarros

HP ProLiant ML150 Gen9 RAID5 + Standalone SSD

Hi everyone,

I have a HP ProLiant ML150 Gen9  (834613-425) with a RAID 5 configuration with three SAS HP 600-GB 6G 10K 2.5 Disks. Because, I have a application demanding more write and read speeds I need to bought an SSD drive (868818-B21) fully compatible with my server.

If I hot plug this SSD drive it will be detected as a new Logical Disk by the OS and work a long side with my RAID5 configuration?

Ps. The controller that is currently used is HPE H240 Smart Host Bus Adapter

Best Regards,

And thank you in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Anu_K
HPE Pro

Hello,

In my opinion, it will be detected as unassigned drive on the server and on Smart Storage Administrator(SSA - Used to configure RAID volume) and you need to create an array and logical drive using that drive and that's when the OS detects the drive as logical volume.

Note: "While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company."
I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

You have to create Array ( logical drive) from the SSA first. After that OS will see the logical drive.
You can not add this SSD drive with in the existing logical drive. Because you have to add same capacity or higher capacity hard disk in the existing logical drive or raid group.

Follow the below SSA user guide link to configure the logical drive.
HPE Smart Storage Administrator User Guide
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=c03909334

NOTE: Make sure you have complete data backup before doing such activity.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo