5910 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP ProLiant ML310e Gen8 keeps freezing

CarlLowe
Occasional Visitor

HP ProLiant ML310e Gen8 keeps freezing

Hi,

Every week my clients server keeps becoming unaccessable. They ring me up saying they can't access shares and such and when I try to remote to it, I just get a black screen.

I've tried to map a network drive from the Admin account of the RD session also, and get the error "The RPC server is too busy to complete this operation".

The server has more that 10% disk space free.

Upon asking a staff member to connect a keyboard and mouse to the server to reboot it, as soon as they click the mouse, it freezes, having to push to power button down for a few seconds to reboot.

It has 12GB of RAM so I don't believe it's paging, but maybe?

If anyone can shed any light on why this is happening, I'd really appreciate it.

Carl

4 REPLIES 4
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

What is in the IML and iLO logs?

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
CarlLowe
Occasional Visitor

Hi Jimmy thanks for replying.

In the IML viewer the only logs for today are:

POST Information: Processor 1, DIMM 4 could not be au

POST Information: Processor 1, DIMM 2 could not be au

POST Information: Processor 1, DIMM 1 could not be au

But there are no logs for last time this happened, 01/09/15. Or any previous times. This issue seems to come and go.

As for the iLO logs, I can't access them right now. On starting it i get the error "Unhandled exception has occured in you application". .NET Framework error. I have niticed that the server needs Windows updates, could this be a cause of the issue?

Cheers

Carl

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

The first thing I'd recommend is to get all the firmware and software updated.  The error in the IML is showing you do not have HP sourced memory in the system. While this isn't a show stopper a memory issue could be causing the lockup.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
CarlLowe
Occasional Visitor

I'll update firmware Sunday evening  as they run 1TB backs all night Monday to Friday.

Ah right ok, I'm not sure of the RAM that's installed in the server but can't see that as being the issue as it has 32GB but then again because it locks up, I cant check to see whether it's paging or not.

Thanks for the advice, Jimmy.

I'll report back if this issue isn't resoled by updaing firmware and software.

Cheers,

Carl