ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748224 Members
4377 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP ProLiant ML310e Gen8 v2 Server (CH2 DIMM slots not working)

Alintan
Occasional Visitor

HP ProLiant ML310e Gen8 v2 Server (CH2 DIMM slots not working)

Hi,

Recently i tried to upgrade my server DIMM size from 12 GB to 32GB and i bought 3*8GB DDR3-1600 EUDIMM 1.35V. But whenever i installed the DIMM in any of the CH2 slot server will not boot (It terminates from - MEMORY AND QPI LINK INITIALISATION START).

HERE I STUCK UP AND NOW I AM ABLE TO USE 16GB ONLY.

REQUESTING YOUR HELP.

3 REPLIES 3
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

If this a HPE Memory module, do check the part number compatibility with this server model.
Check QuickSpecs here.

You may also use Server Options Compability Tool.

Thank You!

I am a HPE employee

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Alintan
Occasional Visitor

@Suman_1978 .. It's not a hpe RAM. I bought a RAM which we are already using and it's a 8GB RAM of Crucial image is attached

Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

As per page#4 of this document, https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/V2/GetPDF.aspx/4AA0-4216ENW.pdf

We cannot guarantee the quality of third-party memory. Installing third-party memory does not void the ProLiant server warranty; however, HPE will not replace third-party memory if it is identified as the cause of a system failure. Customers are responsible for any parts or labor required to repair a system where third-party memory is the cause of failure.

Thank You!
I am a HPE employee

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo