ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753516 Members
5361 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP ProLiant ML310e Gen8 v2 Server (CH2 DIMM slots not working)

Alintan
Occasional Visitor

HP ProLiant ML310e Gen8 v2 Server (CH2 DIMM slots not working)

Hi,

Recently i tried to upgrade my server DIMM size from 12 GB to 32GB and i bought 3*8GB DDR3-1600 EUDIMM 1.35V. But whenever i installed the DIMM in any of the CH2 slot server will not boot (It terminates from - MEMORY AND QPI LINK INITIALISATION START).

HERE I STUCK UP AND NOW I AM ABLE TO USE 16GB ONLY.

REQUESTING YOUR HELP.

3 REPLIES 3
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: HP ProLiant ML310e Gen8 v2 Server (CH2 DIMM slots not working)

Hi,

If this a HPE Memory module, do check the part number compatibility with this server model.
Check QuickSpecs here.

You may also use Server Options Compability Tool.

Thank You!

I am a HPE employee

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Alintan
Occasional Visitor

@Suman_1978 .. It's not a hpe RAM. I bought a RAM which we are already using and it's a 8GB RAM of Crucial image is attached

Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

As per page#4 of this document, https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/V2/GetPDF.aspx/4AA0-4216ENW.pdf

We cannot guarantee the quality of third-party memory. Installing third-party memory does not void the ProLiant server warranty; however, HPE will not replace third-party memory if it is identified as the cause of a system failure. Customers are responsible for any parts or labor required to repair a system where third-party memory is the cause of failure.

Thank You!
I am a HPE employee

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo