108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP ProLiant ML330 G3 Server

SOLVED
Go to solution
Bradley Crane
Occasional Advisor

HP ProLiant ML330 G3 Server

I am having lots of trouble with this server. I am trying to do a fresh install of Windows 2000 server. I boot the machine up and put the SmartStart CD in the CD-Rom drive. SmartStart does it's thing and then I put the Windows 2000 install CD in. SmartStart is still running when I put the Windows cd in. It tells me to take the CD out and reboot. I did that and it doesn't boot. So I put the Windows 2000 CD in the drive. I went through the install but the install stopped. I told me that setup has found drives that have been indistinguished. setup has corrected the problem to reboot. I have done that and it still gives the same error.

Any ideas? What have I done wrong? Is there something that I haven't done?

12 REPLIES 12
Bradley Crane
Occasional Advisor

Now I am getting an error at the end of the Windows Install that says this:

Contact Tech Support. The following status codes will assists in diagnosing the problem (0x4,0x1,0,0)
Caster Troy
Regular Advisor

Hi Bradley,
Please provide some more detail regarding your server. Are you using the integrated Ultra3 Adapter or have you installed some other controller, are you using one disk or two disks. Also inform if the smart start configures the boot controller in the proper order.
Regards
JK
Evil Has Its Winning Ways
Bradley Crane
Occasional Advisor

When the Windows setup starts now I am getting the following error:

Contact Tech Support the following status codes will assits in diagnosing the problem
(0x4,0x1,0,0)
Bradley Crane
Occasional Advisor

I am using the Ultra integraded controller. I have had no success in installing the Windows 2000 OS.

When Using smart start it does its thing and asks to put in the Windows OS cd. I do that it runs and then I take it out before the machine reboots.

It then boots back up and tries to boot from the CD, Floppy drive, and hard drive but never boots. It gives me a disk error.
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Bradley can you check few things:
System ROM 2004.09.15
Run erase Utility from Smart Start CD
Use direct O/S Install ( you don't have Array controller !? skip smart Start process)
Downgrade Memory to minimum
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/69_5548.html
Bradley Crane
Occasional Advisor

I did the erase utility on the smart start CD.

When the machine boots it runs through the memory. It says Redundant Rom Detected. HP Ultra3 Bios 3.02.3

HP SCSI BIOS installed

The next screen gives me 3 function keys to pick.
F9 Rom Based setup utility
F10 System Maintenace Menu
F12 PXE Boot

If one of those are not selected it goes on to either boot from a cd or floppy. If no cd or floppy is in the drive it gives me this error.

Non system disk or disk error replace and strike any key when ready.

If I put the Windows 2000 server cd in it will start to run the windows setup. Then Windows setup will give me this error-

"Setup detected multiple disk in your machine that are indistinguishable. Setup has corrected the problem but a reboot is required. Setup cannot continue. Press any key to exit."

Any ideas on this? With the Windows setup do you know of any scsi or raid drivers that are needed. When you press F6 to select and have to put a floppy in to get the drivers?
Akos Hegedus
Valued Contributor

Hi Bradley,

did you tried a slipstreamed Windows 2000 setup cd? If so try a standard version, also try to install Windows 2003 server or Windows XP install to the box to see if it is working!

regards
Akos
Bradley Crane
Occasional Advisor

I now have been given this error.

"Setup has encountered an error and cannot continue. Contact TechSupport the following error codes will help them in diagnosing the problem. (0x4,0x1,0,0)
Stephen Kebbell
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

you can create a Floppy from the SmartStart CD that you can use in Windows Setup by pressing F6. On the SmartStart CD there's a folder called punchout. Run w2kdrvrs.bat and it will ask you for a floppy. It will then copy all storage controller drivers to the floppy, with a txtsetup.oem so that Windows setup can use it.

Not 100% sure what driver to pick in Windows setup itself, but I would guess the LSI logic one.

Also, I found this on Microsoft's Website.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;226361

Regards,
Stephen