ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748140 Members
3709 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP ProLiant ML330 G6 Server - network issue - NC326i PCI Express Dual Port Gigabit Server Adapt

as-computers

HP ProLiant ML330 G6 Server - network issue - NC326i PCI Express Dual Port Gigabit Server Adapter

Hi all,

i have a customer with a HP Proliant ML330 G6 server.  http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c01767191

They reported slow internet the other day and after working on the network i have noticed the following. 

1. Add the server to the network and internet becomes slow to non responsive. 
  2. Remove the server from the network the internet works fine.

I have taken DHCP away from the server and allowing the router to complete this task.  I have changed over network adapters on the Embedded NC326i PCI Express Dual Port Gigabit Server Adapter and updated the drivers but this has not improved the situation.

Can anyone advise or has anyone experienced this issue?

Currently having to connect and disconnect the server from the network to receive/send emails, share folders and files (connect server to network) and work from the internet (disconnect server from network).

No matter what we do as soon as the server is connected to the network it completely drops or slows down.

Thank you in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Fritsch James
Frequent Advisor

Re: HP ProLiant ML330 G6 Server - network issue - NC326i PCI Express Dual Port Gigabit Server Adapt

Which operating system is running on this machine? Do you up-to-date drivers for your nics? What is the network configuration for all of the interfaces? Which kind of network device (switch?) are the server and clients conntected to?