ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752701 Members
5606 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

HP ProLiant ML350 G4 Booting issue

patrickdowd

HP ProLiant ML350 G4 Booting issue

I recently inharented a ProLiant ML350 G4 I installed around 6 GB of RAM with a combination of 512MB and 1GB cards. The system has only one Processor which is a Intel Xeon. I have one hard drive installed. However the system is not working. It came with two power supplies already, so I just run with both power supplies. When I plug both into direct power the fans start running low and the power light is amber. Which I have read that means power is available. However when I turn it on the fans start running at full blast and the computer health is green, yet no display appears on the screen. I am using onboard GPU.  After about a minute or two of running at full speed the computer starts beeping an error code and all the RAM lights turn red, and the Server Health turns critical. So far to attempt to fix it I have reseated the ram and moved it around, reseated the CPU, cleaning dust out of CPU, GPU, and RAM areas. All cooling seems to be ok, I am assuming the fans are running full blast because the thermal controllers have not yet started. I also put thermal compound on the CPU,GPU to rule out overheating however the unit is still not functioning. Can anyone lead me to any conclusion to what may be wrong with this unit? Thanks Patrick

1 REPLY 1
derick_souza
Frequent Advisor

Re: HP ProLiant ML350 G4 Booting issue

Hi,

Replace the system board spare: 365062-001