ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752569 Members
5095 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP ProLiant ML350 G4 Raid Array Setup Question?

SOLVED
Go to solution
George_166
Occasional Contributor

HP ProLiant ML350 G4 Raid Array Setup Question?

Ok I have the Smart start cd in and to identical drives 73 gig SCSI Drive 0 and Drive 1. I boot up and am looking to setup the array but I never get anything on the screen remotely close to what I am looking for. On our DL320 and DL 360 you hit F8 and then you could setup your raid array. On this F8 takes you to this:

Select Configuration Options
1) Tape-Based On Button Disaster Recovery (OBDR)
2) Multi Initiator Configuration
3) Exit

One is not what I want Two gets you no where and well Three just Exits. So outside of that screen I get absolutely nothing that is remotely close to setting up my raid array. Any ideas before I kick this off my bench *Grin*

George
3 REPLIES 3
Tarek Kawach
Honored Contributor
Solution

You are hitting the wrong F8; this is for the Tape drive not the scsi drives:

Do you have Array controller installed on the server and is the drive cage cable connected to that controller;

Do you see Smart array controller 641 , or 642 or 6400 initializing at post or is it installed on a pci slot; that server dosenot come with Array controller.

Check to make sure you have RAID controller installed in the server; if so make sure that the drives are connected to that controller and not the SCSI controller.

You should not be getting scsi id for the hard drives at post.

Tarek.
Hey, look a light at the end of the tunnel.
George_166
Occasional Contributor

Tarek Kawach,

Thanks for the update. Again I have over looked the obvious. I put a Raid Controler in there and bam I am up and running. I thought this was built in like the DL320 and DL360.
riahi

hello every body
i'am newer with server
how can i verify if my raid controller is installed or not
and if it doesn't installed how cani install it
my server is
hp proliant ml 350 g4 server
thank you for your answer
best reguards