1753641 Members
5012 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP ProLiant ML350 G6 Special tower server error 24606

wobblers
Occasional Contributor

HP ProLiant ML350 G6 Special tower server error 24606

We have the above server and we are experiencing issues with it restarting and we get the following error 

Error Cissesrv event 24606
Error disk event 24606
Drive Array Recovery needed
Internal SAS enclosure Device Failure

We are running Windows server 2003 x 32 bit
????? please help 
7 REPLIES 7
PGTRI
Honored Contributor

hi,

Please check the iLo IML log and please attach an ACU report from the server. The issue is most probably related to the storage area - controller / hard drives.

Thanks

regards,

How to Say Thank You? Just click the KUDOS!
wobblers
Occasional Contributor

Hi PFTRI

Many thanks, sorry I am not very technical can you tell me in "laymans terms" how to get the ACU report to you please ?

Kind regards

Kay
wobblers
Occasional Contributor

Sorry I mean how I actually get the log ?
PGTRI
Honored Contributor

hi,

IML (Integrated Management Log) can be check in ilO, if it's configured.

ACU - Array Configuration Utility

Start Menu --> Programms --> HP System Management --> Array Configuration Utility

The ACU will start - PLease select the "Diagnistic" Tab and  the controller. You can create a diagnistic report from there.

Of course ACU needs to be installed on the server.

Thanks

regards,

How to Say Thank You? Just click the KUDOS!
wobblers
Occasional Contributor

Your a star thanks please see attachment 

Kind regards

Kay

Joern W.
Advisor

Hi,

I had a quick look at the attached ACU report.

Two observations:

- the first disk has already failed (Physical Drive 1I:1:1 Message: The physical drive has failed.)

- the second disk will fail soon (Physical Drive 1I:1:2 Message: Predictive failure.)

The status of the RAID: The current array controller has a bad or missing drive. This logical drive is operating in interim recovery mode with reduced performance and a further physical drive failure may result in data loss depending on the fault tolerance.

You need to replace both drives, starting with disk 1I:1:1. Let the RAID rebuild and repeat the procedure after replacing disk 1I:1:2.

When you have successfully replaced both disks I would highly recommend upgrading the firmware on the Smart Array Controller. You are currently running version 1.66 (can't remember to have seen it in the wild for some years); the most current version is 5.70.

Get the latest SPP2012.08.0 from www.hp.com/go/spp. Detailed information about the supported server models and firmware versions available for your server can be found here: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/doc/p1822529277/v80852/SPP2012.08.0-ServerSupportGuide.pdf

Best regards,

Joern

wobblers
Occasional Contributor

Hi Joern

Many thanks for your help before.

Unfortunately the 2nd drive failed before we received replacements so I lost everything ;-( must find out how to back the whole lot up to a removable hard drive !! 

I have now managed to put in the new hard drives and set up the raid and I have put on OS windows server 2003 standard edition but when I have turned the machine back  on I am getting the message on the photo that I have attached ??? help please what do I do ?

Kind regards

Kay