7801 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP Prolian DL380Gen9 Smart Array P440ar, P441 Cache Module Status Failed

alexvmus
Occasional Contributor

HP Prolian DL380Gen9 Smart Array P440ar, P441 Cache Module Status Failed

Доброго времени!

Имеется проблема на сервере DL380Gen9, с установленными контроллерами Smart Array P440ar, P441.

После замены прошивки контроллеров до версии 7.00, состояние модуля кэширования в аварии (Cache Module Status Failed), Smart Storage Battery Status OK. Наблюдается очень сильная потеря производительности массива.

Есть ли еще варианты решения данной проблемы?

Google Translated

Good time! There is a problem on the DL380Gen9 server with the Smart Array P440ar, P441 controllers installed.

After replacing the controller firmware to version 7.00, the Cache Module Status Failed, Smart Storage Battery Status OK.

There is a very severe loss in array performance. Are there any other solutions to this problem?

3 REPLIES 3
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

I would suggest you follow the below customer advisory.

Advisory: (Revision) HPE Smart Storage Battery (SSB) - Smart Array Gen9 Controllers May Indicate a Cache Module Failure

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-c05302924

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00069090en_us&docLocale=en_US

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

alexvmus
Occasional Contributor

Hello, SanjeevGoyal!

Condition Smart Storage Battery: Present OK, Status OK.

There is a suspicion that the cache memory itself is faulty, judging by the log:

86,"Critical","POST Message","10/26/2020 08:32","10/26/2020 08:32","1","Option ROM POST Error: 1797-Slot 0 Drive Array - Write Back Cache Backup Previously Failed. Caching is disabled. Action: Replace the Cache Module"

But as I understand it, in gen9, each controller has its own cache memory. Those. need to replace the controller?

SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

If this is the error, needs to replace the SA controller.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo