1753797 Members
7196 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Proliant DL 120 XP Drivers

Lawt

HP Proliant DL 120 XP Drivers

Hi folks,

Can any one point me to where to find XP drivers for the DL 120 server? I work with a non-profit organization. Plagued with funding issues, I am trying to force XP Pro on this server. I supose the only major problem is the drivers.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Lawt

Thanks. Let me try it to see if it works.
Lawt

Unfortunately, the driver doesn't work. I have actually disabled the RAID altogether, but still having problem getting XP to boot. I was able to install Windows though. However when restarting,I can only load Windows in Safe Mode.I believe this is still a driver issues.

While in Safe Mode, I have been able to install the VGA drive. The only thing I still can't get the driver is the network card. Nontheless, Windows connot start normaly.

Anyone with an idea?

KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

mmm if you disabled RAID you should not have problems since all the time it's the RAID that causes problems

since if RAID is disabled you don't need to press F6 to add any driver

which controller you are talking about SATA embedded?

bye
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
defig

Hi

I had the same problem yesterday installing XP pro to one of these machines, I could not find a network driver for it anywhere. But i managed to install the other ones fine.

I found how to install the network driver in the end. All you need to do is run the broadcom driver and instead of installing it choose the option to extract the files into a folder then through device manager update the missing network driver through the wizard and navigate to the folder you extracted the drivers too.