7309 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Proliant DL 360

Luis_131
Regular Advisor

HP Proliant DL 360

Good afternoon,
I have Windows 2000 Server installed in this server, but I'm not able to see the second hard drive. Can anyone of you please help me to make this second hard drive visible?.
6 REPLIES 6
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Luis:

Your DL360 probably has a Smart Array RAID controller in it. If so, they your 2 drives are probably configured for Hardware RAID 1+0. THe Smart Array then presents only 1 drive to the OS. The OS does not care since the controller is handling how the drives are configured.

What size drives do you have?

Run the Array Configuration Utility and you can possibly see what I am taling about. It is on the Start --> Programs Menu somewhere.

If you find that you are NOT configured for Hardware RAID, then let us know and we will try to help you some more.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Luis_131
Regular Advisor

Hello Steven and thanks for your quick answer.
You were right about the Hardware RAID 1+0, I ran the Array Configuration Utility and it is configured for Hardware RAID.
The size of the two drives is 40 GB each.
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

In ACU There are two views
Logical drive view
Physical driver view.
have a look. that will explain all to you.

Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
Luis_131
Regular Advisor

Hello Prashant,

I finish seeing the option that you requested me to watch and I can see both hard disk perfectly working. Can you also please give me a small explanation of the operation of an array because I do not have sufficient information on this and when I did the installation of this server, nothing warned me about it.
Tony Davidson
Occasional Advisor

Your 2 drives are mirrored for redundancy. That means if 1 drive fails, the other one will keep your server up and running. You can then replace the bad drive and all is good.
The 2 40 GB drives are not stand alone. You only have 40 GB of data. Not 80.
Luis_131
Regular Advisor

Ok now I understand.
Thanks a lot for your explanation Tony.