ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752762 Members
5414 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

HP Proliant DL 380 G3 server is not powering up.

deepak bajpai
Advisor

HP Proliant DL 380 G3 server is not powering up.

I started setting up a cluster environment to be used with SAN system.It includes HP proliant servers, fiber switches and MSA 1000 SAN array controller.All the servers are new and not configured before.

I started by configuring servers.For that I installed the HBA(controller) in the proliant server.I shut down the server,unplugged the power cords and installed the controller in the PCI slot.Then, I plugged in the power and tried starting the server but it didnt come up.There are LEDs on the front panel of the servers.Right now it is showing the topmost LED to be red and rest LEDs are off.I had to configure the server using the smart start CD but since the server did not come up I could not open the CD Drive.

I doubt if I had disturbed some thing inside the server panel while putting in the HBA in the PCI Slot.

Please help.
1 REPLY 1
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Re: HP Proliant DL 380 G3 server is not powering up.

Hello,
if I interpret the user manual correctly, this is the "Internal Health LED". A red light indicates a critical state. You need to refer to the system board LEDs to identify the critical component.