ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753797 Members
7282 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Proliant DL 380 G3 - setup did not find any hardisk

Hamsah Abustang

HP Proliant DL 380 G3 - setup did not find any hardisk

I have a HP Proliant DL 380 G3 server which initially having problem with the Smart Array 5i memory chips, and it was replaced, however when I want to do the fresh OS installation, the message tells that setup did not find any hardisk. Prior to it I managed to create two logical drive by using the smart array utility, pls help because our local vendor seems to clueless on what happened.
9 REPLIES 9
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello Hamsah,
Since you are reinstalling the OS... did u use the ERASE UTILITY? found under maintenance TAB, on smart start Cd.

Regards,
Hamsah Abustang

yes I do but I thought that utility meant for erasing the existing array config. is'nt?
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Yes. Aren't you starting afresh anyways ?

Regards,
Hamsah Abustang

Unfortunetly I already did it, I have lost all the existing data, eventualy I wanted to install the OS by using our own image but no avail because it says hardware mulfunction, so opt for direct installation from win2k cd and the got the message as attached.
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Is the HDDs detected in BIOS ? SCSI HDDs rite ? Is the boot controller order set ok ?

Hamsah Abustang

It's SCSI hardisk, how can I detect the hardisk in BIOS? appreciated you to advise.
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

docs.hp.com/en/347569-003/347569-003.pdf

This should help !

Regards,
MT19
Valued Contributor

We had a similar issue but we were getting a no hard drives found from the smart start cd, when trying to initialize OS install from there. I went into the BIOS and Erased NVRAM/Boot Disk, then rebooted, and then Erased Non-Volatile Memory, and rebooted. After that, smart start was able to see the hard drives, and we were able to proceed with the OS install.
Hamsah Abustang

hi james and MT19,

Thanks for the responds, I will give a try and hopefully it will solve my problem.